Saturday, January 22, 2011

We Have Bedbugs!


Since we lived in an apartment we did some research on tenant/landlord responsibility and rights. I found out that it would be our landlords responsibility to rid of any type of infestation.

I called my management office and explained what had been going on in my apartment. I also spoke with my neighbors to see if they had experienced anything similar,so we could try to fight whatever it was together!

The exterminator was sent out on a Wednesday, I showed him bites and told him we had experienced the itching late in the day and not early morning. He did some looking around in my living room and the walls,then he asked me to show him where we had slept. He flashed his little light,looked in my mattresses. Immediately, he confirmed bedbugs!

Here is an image of the bedbug the exterminator showed me

Here is the casing that wasn't too far away. I used a small magnifying glass and it's still too small to see with the naked eye.


Devastation took over my face and my gut just fell to the floor! Bedbugs? How? Why? Where did they come from? Am I going  to have to trash everything?

I just couldn't believe this!

He first showed me a baby bedbug that had just fed, then showed me the casing. This bedbug was found on my ceiling above my bed and nothing was on my mattress at all! He explained the procedure in preparing for the extermination and I just couldn't believe what a nuisance these tiny little blood suckers could be! He did say that we have caught it in the early stages so it shouldn't take much to get rid of them (yeah right!)

That day, after the exterminator left I had a good cry then I pulled myself together and prepared to fight!

0 comments:

Post a Comment