Wednesday, January 19, 2011

More Mysterious Bites!

It was an ordinary day, we were all in our daily routine. The evening had  come and dinner was on the stove.

My son came to me really irritated and told me that his back was super itchy. I pulled up his shirt and there was a cluster of 10-15 bumps on his back.  I started panicking! I didn't know what they were or how he got them. He was so irritable because they were super itchy! I put some Cortaid on them and started to call everyone I knew! I took pictures of the bumps & started sending them out for people to look at and give me an idea of what it could be.

My husband happened to be working that night, so I had sent him these pictures.


Here are what the bites started out looking like, more like welts than bites!

Here are the bites a day after,they are more defined now and look less like welts. They itched my son for about 3 weeks!

My sister suggested they may have perhaps been chigger bites. I didn't think so after googling chigger bites.

I did some of my own google image seaching and everything kept coming up as bedbug bites. I saw a few images and the bites sure matched my son's bites!

I called my husband in devastation and told him I thought we had bedbugs! He sighed and said "no, we would know if we had bedbugs."

I called my mother who worked at a motel and had a little experience with bed bugs since motels are a place they also thrive! She told me to strip my beds and do a thorough seach along the seam of the mattresses as well as doing a search on the boxspring.

I was stumped, I found nothing! I didn't see any sign of bed bugs at all!

What were these bites? Where are they coming from?

Later you will see where it all makes sense!

0 comments:

Post a Comment