Friday, January 28, 2011

Extermination Date Set...Preparation Starts!

After waiting a week we have our extermination appointment set to be in another week. We are now at a total of 4 weeks having this problem along with the month before we knew we had them. A total of 2 months the bedbugs decided to move in with us.

We are still puzzled as to where we got them, but no need on wasting time thinking of that we have to prepare for extermination!

If any of you have had bedbugs, you know what I am saying when I say "prepare". I sure didn't know it was so much work to get ready for extermination. I thought it was a simple appointment, they walk in and do what they do and leave, bugs gone and life goes on.Boy was I wrong! There is so much to do in preparing to get rid of bedbugs!

First is first, I washed and dried all clothing,linens, and even stuffed animals. As soon as they dried,I immediately put them in black bags and sealed them while they were still hot! Bedbugs are very vunerable to heat and cold as I think any bug should be but I still sealed my bags to make sure if there were any eggs,or live bugs left that they wouldn't make it! I also did this to keep them buggers out! I started storing sealed bags in the kitchen as that is what I was advised to do from the first exterminator who found the bedbugs.

The only problem seemed to be in my bedroom which is connected to another apartment so could that have been where the problem started? Who knows? The children of mine that had been bitten are the ones who love to go into my room and watch television away from everyone else along with myself. I do have a baby,who by my surprise had not been bitten.

Everything that was in my room, I kept in my room and the rest of the house went into bags! All kids toys,cd's,dvd's,books.....everything! What a task! You have to really be committed in this if you want to get rid of bedbugs! They can hide in anything and anywhere! Be careful and keep all items that could be infected in that room!

We happened to have a patio so I did put alot of stuff out there since we are now in December and the weather is quite chilly,surely no bug can live through that!


Here is what it looks like all packed up!



You can't see the entirety of the bags,but this is just a quick snapshot. In the end we used approximately 75 big black bags.

We are ready!


0 comments:

Post a Comment